touch when decorating your room is to REMEMBER YOUR WINDOWS! No matter what your
style, window treatments add a final touch to your room the same way sunglasses
or jewelry help create your fashion “look.”
Window treatments include drapery,
curtains, shades, blinds, shutters, valances, or whatever your creative mind imagines.
What you put on your windows determines whether your room is dark and cozy or light
and airy. How much privacy you get will also depend on what you choose. Do you
want more or less light, a view of the outside or a shield from the world? The
size you perceive a room also changes with the window treatment you select.
Tricks from LindaLu and Cheryl, too:
1) Soft, flowing materials help soften a room to make it cozy for sleeping.
2) Light or cool colors also create a soothing effect for relaxing after a
hard day at school.
3) If you have a small room, make it look taller by hanging drapery at
4) If you have a narrow room, make your space look wider by extending the drapery
rod or valance past the window.
5) Frame it! A view of a lake, woods, or cityscape would draw your friend’s
attention to the awesome view when she walks in your room.
6) Be creative and have fun!